To assist the member when someone in the immediate family needs to be accompanied to a Melbourne hospital for treatment. The Society will reimburse the cost of accommodation for the accompanying family member.
- Member, Spouse, Child.
- Family member must be receiving treatment in a Metropolitan hospital and requires a family Member to be close at hand.
- This benefit is NOT available for accommodation relating to the treatment of parents, siblings, in-laws, grandchildren or other extended-family members.
- For accommodation − up to $150 per night.
- Members should seek hospital-supported accommodation – if available.
- Members must pay for the accommodation and seek reimbursement.
- Meals, MiniBar and any other extras will not be refunded.
- Members must submit a claim form with accommodation receipts.