Who can be a member...
Membership of the Society is open to any employee of Maryvale Mill, Australian Paper or associated companies as approved by the Board of Directors.
Any eligible person may submit a Membership Application form to the Secretary.
All Members contribute regularly through payroll deduction to the mutual funds of the Society. As of 1 July 2016.
Weekly Membership Fee: $4.50
The Society offers benefits and services to Members and their families as defined below.
- Members - means the 'natural person' as recorded on the Society's "Register of Members".
- Spouse - means the person living with the Member as their partner, according to law.
- Child - means any of the following persons.
- Dependent Child - means a dependent child under the age of 21 who resides in the Members home.
- Student Child - means a dependent* full-time tertiary student under the age of 25 years.
- Disabled Child - means a disabled* child of any age who is in the permanent care of the Member.
- Neville Anderson ‐was a Member since 1968, and served as Chairman, Secretary and Board Member for many years. He was very passionate about the welfare of members and especially, their families.
- Roland Collings ‐ was a stalwart Member of the Board from 1983 to 2005. He was a strong supporter of a more contemporary society.
- Phil Inger - has served as the honorary Assistant Secretary for the "plantations" employees for over 25 years. He was also a director of the AP Welfare Scheme for many years.
Benefits are not payable in respect to Parents, Siblings, Grandchildren or relatives other than ...as defined above.