Sick & Accident Benefit
A regular payment to assist the Member recuperate during a prolonged and continuous absence from work due to injury or illness.
- Member Only
- Member must be absent from work for more than two weeks.
- Member must be continuously absent from work.
- There is no payment for the first two (2) weeks.
- Then $40 per week for ten (10) weeks.
- Further payments are subject to a Benefit Review process.
- Payments are made two weeks in arrears to allow for payroll verification.
- Payments cease immediately the Member returns to work.
- Members must lodge a Claim Form before payments will commence.
- Members must lodge a Benefit Review Form if further payments are required for more than 10 weeks.
- Members must advise the Secretary when they return to work.