To assist the member the Society will reimburse the cost of travel when someone in the immediate family needs to be accompanied to a Metropolitan hospital for treatment.
- Member, Spouse, Child.
- Family member must require treatment in a Metropolitan hospital.
- This benefit is NOT AVAILABLE for trips involving treatment for parents, siblings, in-laws, grandchildren or other extended-family members.
- For travel to Melbourne − $50 per round trip.
- Single trips (not being part of a regular series of treatments) will not be paid.
- Members must pay their own travel costs.
- Taxis / CityLink / parking fees or fines will not be refunded.
- Members must submit a claim form and all relevant receipts or proof of expenses or travel to the Secretary to have their claim processed.